TriTel Networks, Inc., an Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise business partner responded to Utah Valley University request.
- País: Estados Unidos de América
- Sector: Educación
- Solución: Telefonía de empresa
Utah Valley University (UVU) is a publicly funded university located in Orem, Utah. UVU is the largest university in Utah with over 34,000 students enrolled.
The university, which is known for being forward thinking in its approach to education and use of technology, has been nominated for technological awards and has served as an example for other universities in the state.
UVU liked the solution’s open architecture and its flexibility to support PBX as well as VoIP and digital phones, and other new technologies.
OpenTouch Multimedia Services
OpenTouch Session Border Controller
OpenTouch Conversation (MLE)
OmniVista 8770 Network Management System
- Business Telephony
- The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Software Evolution Support program keeps UVU’s software current, maintaining compatibility with new technology and applications such as VoIP, SIP, digital and wireless phones, as well as older phones dating back to 2000.
- UVU’s technicians received Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise certification training for optimal telephony infrastructure management and maintenance.
- UVU has capitalized on its initial purchase, keeping its infrastructure in place for 16 years, and counting.
- UVU’s ICT strategy and their now fully-trained technicians, has meant savings on maintenance costs and the cost of technology per student.
- VoIP phones mean staff members can work from home and other campuses.
- The solution has had a positive impact on the way people communicate by phone with UVU staff, the needed funding, and the overall reputation of UVU’s phone system.