Newman University has used Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products and services over the past 20 years, and has been more than satisfied with the results.
- País: Estados Unidos de América
- Sector: Educación
- Solución: Telefonía de empresa, Autonomous Network
Founded in 1933, Newman University is a small private coeducational Catholic university located in Wichita, Kansas.
The university offers both undergraduate and master’s level programs, specializing in medicine and nursing.
The university accommodates some 3595 undergraduate and graduate students.
A dedicated sales engineer provides them regular support, allowing the university to stay up-to-date and deploy robust flexible solutions that meet their needs.
- OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- Emergency Notification Server
- 8029 Premium DeskPhone
- IP Touch® 4018 Extended Edition
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- Business Telephony
- Mobile Campus
- The core network infrastructure with converged storage is now a virtual chassis, allowing for future expansion, longer term durability and better manageability.
- The new system is reliable and can handle both current and future needs.
- The new phone system is more flexible and easier to manage, with functionalities such as caller ID, and voicemail to e-mail.
- The university now owns rather than leases its telephony system, which is proving to be good value for money.
- Fewer access points are needed to cover the whole of the university than previously.
- Staff and students enjoy faster connectivity and better coverage throughout the university campus and dormitories.
- The nursing department is able to do all its testing online thanks to wireless connectivity.