Faced with a rising customer demand for higher availability of services, IDC Frontier deployed a shortest bridging path (SPB) solution reducing complexity and allowing for future expansion.
- Pays: Japon
- Secteur d'activité: Fournisseurs de services
- Solution: Data center
IDC Frontier is a 100%-owned subsidiary of Yahoo Japan Corporation, with both data center and Cloud center businesses.
The headquarters are located in Tokyo while the sales office is in Osaka. The company has data centers in nine locations throughout Japan.
- OmniSwitch 6900
- Data Center
- The SPB architecture reduces complexity in the network and makes its simpler to use, maintain and grow.
- In the three years since it was installed the system has suffered no hardware failures.
- The network is scalable which avoids replacement costs and can accommodate new customers and services.
- With the new compact switches, IDC Frontier has saved on installation and operational expenses as well as electricity.
- The solution has reduced lead times for service delivery to customers.
- End-to-end redundancy ensures services will be maintained for customers, even in the event of a failure at one of the intermediate data centers or trunk lines.