University of Sriwijaya
The University of Sriwijaya built a wireless digital foundation for excellence in education.
- País: Indonésia
- Setor: Educação
- Soluções: Autonomous Network, Data Center, Autonomous Network
Business Partner: ACA Pacific
University of Sriwijaya (UNSRI) is the largest state university in South Sumatera, Indonesia. Its 712 acres of land also make it the largest university in Southeast Asia. Built in 1960, UNSRI offers 55 different majors under 12 faculties, and has a student population of over 35,000. UNSRI is one of 10 state universities implementing a Smart Education Campus program to digitally transform their systems and reach world-class status.
ALE is more than an IT provider for University of Sriwijaya, they are a partner that helps us achieve our goals and expand learning opportunities for our students. We look forward to continuing our work together for years to come.
University of Sriwijaya
- UNSRI needed to upgrade its network infrastructure to replace the expensive legacy system, connect to its two data centers, and support its goal of becoming the best university in the region. The solution needed to cover the university’s four campuses and vast area.
- UNSRI also wanted a solution to facilitate communications between the faculty, administrative staff and students.
- The university was working with a strict timeline, with all implementation needing to be finalized by the start of the school year.
- OmniVista 2500 simplifies onboarding of new access points by creating a semi-automated set up.
- Unified access enables optimized bandwidth utilization, ensuring fair bandwidth distribution for students, staff and core university applications.
- The solution provides an agile world-class network to all four UNSRI campuses and two data centers.
- Implementation was carried out in under 30 days, about 50% less time than usually required.
- Dropping the managed services model has significantly reduced UNSRI’s operational costs. The new infrastructure investment will break even in two years.
- The higher bandwidth capacity (100MG to 10GB) will allow the university to expand its online learning portfolio and generate new revenue.
- The OmniSwitch 6900 virtual chassis provides CAPEX and energy savings compared to a traditional chassis.
User experience benefits
- The highly available and secure network gives faculty, staff and students the quality WiFi they need to teach, work and learn.
- Rainbow is being piloted at UNSRI’s largest campus to connect students to the university and improve communications.
Produtos & Soluções
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6450 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6860E Stackable LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® 4650 WLAN Controller
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess AP315 WLAN Access Point
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Network Management System
University of Sriwijaya's Success Story
This short case study describes how the University of Sriwijaya built a wireless digital foundation for excellence in education.