The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution was the perfect answer for the University’s needs. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise could combine the same equipment for both data center and network.
- 국가: 스페인
- 산업: 교육
- 해결책: 데이터 센터
Universidad de Extremadura is a public university founded in 1973. The university consists of 19 centers organized across 4 campuses.
It has approximately 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students, with a further 8,000 students taking PhD courses, specific degrees or continuous improvement courses.
It employs 1,900 teachers and more than 1,000 administrative, technical and services staff.
- OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniVista 2500 Virtual Machine Manager
- Data Center
- Universidad de Extremadura now has storage replication between 2 campuses that are 100 kilometers apart.
- The University has enhanced visibility and control over virtual machines.
- The ability to split user and data center traffic between campuses, using Shortest Path Bridging (SPB).
- Important cost savings have been made because the solution consolidates the data and storage infrastructure by using Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) technology.
- Students have better remote access to the resources around the campus, improving their learning environment.
- The students, faculty and employees are provided with better access to storage and applications.