We help you connect transportation subsystems with technology that works; for your people, your passengers, and your services.
Transportation systems are evolving to meet the needs of a world on the move. From high-speed trains to self-driving cars, the transportation industry is harnessing the power of IP connectivity and the Internet of Things.
Increase safety: Sensors of every description feed a stream of information on everything from anomalies in speed, temperature and mechanical defects on railways, to the number of cars waiting at an intersection. Our connected transportation solutions ensure this critical information is processed and acted on to ensure traveler safety.
Reduce congestion and energy use: Cities and urban regions around the world are facing increasing pressure on commuter systems, from highways to air and railway transit. Congestion is taking a toll on regional economic competitiveness, fuel use and the environment. The right Network Infrastructure solution lets you scale your resources to meet demand, with the agility to handle anything the rush hour can throw at you.
Improve operational performance: New technologies can make daily operations faster and cheaper. For example, Power over Ethernet simplifies device and sensor installation by eliminating the need for wiring in hard-to-reach places. Centralized provisioning and automated deployment help operational personnel to get set up and working fast.
- Improve operational efficiency: Our award-winning Intelligent Fabric (iFab) technology allows your operational teams to provision and maintain your network quickly and easily with self-healing and automated device discovery capabilities.
- Economical and secure: Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) helps economically build virtual private networks and significantly reduces re-convergence times, avoiding the limitations of MPLS and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Robustness with PoE: Hardened Gigabit Ethernet switches designed for outdoor deployment with Power over Ethernet capability to simplify device and Internet of Things (IoT) installation, such as security cameras.
- Easy to roll out: Our user-centric solutions ensure the learning curve for personnel isn’t so steep that they can’t get traction.
- Long term support: ALE provides up to 10 years support on our key OmniSwitch products.
We make everything connect, delivering technology that works for your people, your passengers, and your services.
With our global reach and local focus, we deliver networking and communications built for transport systems, to deliver mobility, security and safety.
Transportation Videos - Playlist