Integrated network management and a reliable Wi-Fi network deliver a superior student experience.
- País: Coreia do Sul
- Setor: Educação
- Soluções: Autonomous Network, Business Continuity, Business Innovation, Arquitetura de controle de Wi-Fi distribuído, Fabric inteligente, Pequenas e médias empresas
JEI provides lifelong education services in the global education market through a self-learning system. They were looking for an effective Wi-Fi solution to efficiently manage their network, consisting of the head office and 230 branches, and to deliver lectures smoothly and remotely over mobile devices.
For years, JEI used different types of network switches from different vendors provided by service providers. However, it was inconvenient and inefficient and incurred additional management costs from having to manage various types of equipment. Additionally, JEI required a reliable Wi-Fi network solution so that instructors at its branch offices could provide lectures over mobile devices without interruption.
From the beginning of the project, JEI's blueprint was created based on solution specifications from the existing vendor. JEI had questions about whether ALE's products would satisfy their desired PoE budget, memory size and WLAN performance, among other concerns.
Based on the conditions and restrictions provided, ALE investigated and analysed JEI’s environment and solution requirements more closely and presented a solution proposal that addressed the requirements and convinced the customer.
ALE provided an improved experience with the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Network Management System (OV2500 NMS) for easy and efficient integrated network management, and the Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar WLAN solution for a reliable wireless network environment and connectivity.
- Enhanced operational convenience and efficiency by securing network visibility through a Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) chipset supporting application visibility
- Guaranteed uninterrupted wireless service through a distributed wireless LAN architecture
- Cost savings through ownership and management of the equipment
- Increased revenue due to the improved user experience for students with flexible network infrastructure
User experience benefits
- Increased student satisfaction with lectures and school life due to excellent wireless LAN stability and wide connectivity
- Reduced IT staff workload with easy-to-use, simple management functions
About the Customer
JEI Short Case Study
Integrated network managment and a reliable Wi-Fi network deliver a superior student experience