Movis selected Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products because a trust relationship was already established with the vendor and partner API S&S, who would also work closely with Movis in providing after-sales service support.
- País: Costa do Marfim
- Setor: Transporte, Ports and Logistics
- Soluções: Data Center
Movis International was established as a joint venture between the Geodis group's African operations, and the port logistics operator Sivom, itself based in the Gulf of Guinea since 1973.
Movis aims to connect African markets to international trade more efficiently, relying upon direct access to the Geodis network, which spans over 120 countries. The Ivory Coast subsidiary works very closely with the Abidjan port and covers five core business activities: logging, transportation, transit, storage, and express mail. The value of the solution was also a factor in the decision-making process, with Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products proving to be the best proposal.
- Movis were suffering with frequent drops in the network. In addition, Movis had to deal with many reliability problems, slow performance, and ruptures due to an aging network.
- The data solution was already installed, but the voice and data networks were separate.
- Movis needed to move towards data sharing and to increase the power of its network.
- Movis’s network is much more reliable and available.
- Applications are now all centralized and interfaced.
- Movis has reduced its communication costs by two thirds over the last five years.
- This is thanks to the unification of the voice network, offering free internal calls, the introduction of taxation, and monthly quotas for telephone calls.
User experience benefits:
- All employees can now receive direct calls.
Produtos & Soluções
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6250 Stackable Fast Ethernet Switch
Movis International's Success Story
This case study describes how Movis International reduced the cost of their communication using the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise OmniSwitch™ 6850E and 6250