US Department of Defense
A modernized ALE solution provides the communications network the U.S. military depends on to convey mission-critical data.
- Land: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
- Branche: USA Federal
- Lösung: Geschäftskontinuität, Digital Age Networking, Schwierige Umgebungen, Mission Critical Networks, WiFi Solutions, Sicherheit
The United States Department of Defense is an executive branch department of the federal government charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government directly related to national security and the United States Armed Forces.
The agency struggled with ever-increasing demands for network capacity. At the same time, the switches in place weren’t sufficiently hardened to withstand the extreme environmental conditions inherent in the military mission.
The agency turned to Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise for a robust, modernized solution. The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6865 is a ruggedized, advanced Layer 3, scalable Ethernet switch, designed to operate reliably in harsh environments. These highbandwidth switches support missioncritical applications that require wider operating temperature ranges, high security, reliability, performance and ease of management.
- The new switches meet the heat, humidity, dust and particulate requirements, as well as shock requirements, and all the TAA and defense certification requirements
- They have four times the capacity of their existing equipment, giving them a lot more computing capability
- The project was completed within six months
- Our 'off the shelf' product met all the requirements for the protocols they were running
User Experience Benefits
- Ease of management
- Reliable, flexible, agile
Produkte & Lösungen
The US Department of Defense case study
ALE delivers a robust, reliable, and modernised communications network solution for the U.S. military.