Discover how our solutions and services fully comply with the latest regulations and standards, keeping your data, networks and information secure, and your work practices environmentally friendly.
Compliance with industry and government regulations is more than just a legal imperative. It guarantees that information is auditable and available only to the right people, and that workplaces are safe, secure and operating in line with environmental guidelines.
At ALE, solutions and services fully comply with the latest regulations and standards, keeping your data, networks and information secure, and your work practices environmentally friendly.
Security and data protection
Governments and customers demand that companies respect tough security regulations and maintain high privacy standards. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise helps you meet this challenge and mitigate the risk of damage to your clients and business caused by security breaches.
What does security compliance mean for your business?
Our security products comply with stringent data protection standards and regulations designed to protect health and financial privacy. Examples include:
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards, that were instituted to ensure that organizations maintain the highest information security standards. Failure to comply may result in heavy fines or being banned from processing credit card transactions.
- The US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which is a set of standards relating to the protection of confidential health information.
Environmental regulatory compliance
As more countries adopt stringent standards and regulations to protect resources, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise is responding with environmental and economically-sound solutions. These comply with:
- The Restriction on Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS), which controls the use of materials such as lead and has caused companies to review the components used in design and manufacturing processes.
- The European Community's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive, which makes collecting and reusing or disposing of waste electrical and electronic equipment the responsibility of manufacturers, not users.
- NEBS Level 3 Certification for non-interference with other electronic devices. This guarantees maximum operability for the equipment and certifies that it is able to perform in harsh environmental conditions without interfering with other electronic devices. NEBS Level 3 certification is vital for networking equipment in mission-critical applications.
- The Restriction on Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS), which controls the use of specific materials such as lead and has caused companies to review the components used in their design and manufacturing processes.
Professional services and products
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise has experienced service teams who work with you to manage compliance issues and maximize your return on investment. Our IP data networking and IP telephony portfolios offer the latest in energy-saving applications, voice and data products.
The ALE quality management system is certified ISO 9001. The link below provides the latest certificate (for internal users only):