Deployed a modernized network and reduced complexities as they advanced patient care and reduced boundaries of medical staff to do their jobs.
- Pays: États-Unis
- Secteur d'activité: Santé, Digital health
- Solution: Autonomous Network
Oroville Hospital is a community hospital dedicated to providing the finest personalized healthcare to Oroville, California and the surrounding foothill and valley communities. Oroville Hospital offers patients a medical home, with a wide range of integrated services from prevention through treatment to wellness. The hospital has 1800 employees and 133 patient beds. In recent years, the hospital has added clinics and will add five-story state-of-the-art hospital doubling the capacity to further serve the community.
- The initial project let Oroville Hospital standardize its LAN and WLAN network. By moving away from a complex mix of switches they overcame network management and financial challenges that previously limited a network expansion.
- The next phase uncovered a need to improve wireless coverage to support clinical and business services when they discovered administration and medical staff accessing wireless for almost all operations and patient care.
- With the addition of new clinics, the network was experiencing more traffic than ever. The need to increase speed from edge to the core would require a network edge refresh. This and the increase in staff mobility would benefit from a virtualized data center enabling employees to log into the network from any device anywhere in the building.
- High performance OmniSwitch network delivers speeds for 100G traffic edge to core
- Expanded wireless network reduces interference and assignment of SSIDs
- Adding OmniSwitch 6900s to top of rack added data center virtualization, redundancy and resiliency
- OmniVista-2500 NMS provides single point of management and one view monitoring of assets across wired network
- Network refresh delivers on interoperating with other vendors, reliability to last, minimizing cost
User experience benefits:
- More effective delivery of patient care and safety with use of digital patient records accessed from anywhere
- Tablets and laptop mobility for staff creates less boundaries to do the job
- Overall technology advancements and updates keep hospital and staff improving patient care
Produits & Solutions
Oroville Hospital case study
Oroville Hospital deployed a modernized network and reduced complexities