The district has been using Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solutions for over 10 years. They appreciate the consistently excellent support of their needs.
- Paese: Stati Uniti d'America
- Settore: Istruzione, Education - Erate
- Soluzione: Autonomous Network
The Middle Country Central School District (MCCSD) is located in Long Island, New York, and covers an area of about 16 square miles.
The district has an enrollment of over 10,000 students and close to 1700 staff members, including 600 teachers.
MCCSD is the 3rd largest suburban district in New York, with 2 high schools, 2 middle schools, 8 elementary schools, 2 pre-K/kindergarten centers and a career academy.
OmniSwitch 6450-10 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- ClearPass Policy Manager
- Mobile Campus
- The latest generation of OmniSwitch 6450 will provide high capacity to the classroom and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to spare for the continuing expansion of cameras, phones, WLAN APs.
- The OmniSwitch 6900 core provides 40G uplinks and 10G server-facing ports for the current generation of servers, ensuring speedy and trouble-free application access.
- The latest generation of OmniVista 2500 is totally HTML based, allowing access to network troubleshooting, configuration, maintenance and backup from any device, fixed or mobile.
- ClearPass allows staff to onboard their own devices onto the network, but is also a technological foundation to expand to guest and student BYOD access in the future.
- MCCSD’s new network empowers the school district to collapse disparate networks, for example analog cameras or digital phones, and generate important savings.
- Users benefit from higher desktop internet browsing speed as well as faster login speeds.
- Teachers can use in-class tools like smartboards and AppleTVs without fear of interruption due to bandwidth or quality issues.