Fast, efficient exchange and location-independent collaboration with Rainbow.
- 국가: 독일
- 산업: 정부 기관
- 해결책: 클라우드 커뮤니케이션, Rainbow
The district of Germersheim in south-east Germany comprises two cities and six municipalities. Kreisverwaltung Germersheim, the district administration, offers a wide range of administrative services to the 130,000 inhabitants. It is spread over twelve locations and employs more than 600 staff.
In early 2020, the demand for collaboration changed considerably. While work had mainly been done on site before the worldwide health crisis, suddenly fast and efficient exchanges were required by the many employees working from home. Easy integration with the installed Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX® Enterprise Communication Server was required, and the solution had to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union.
The district administration chose Rainbow™ by Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, a cloud platform that provides convenient cross-location communications and collaboration. ALE partner COM plan + service quickly and smoothly implemented Rainbow and connected it to the communication server.
The pilot operation was quickly undertaken at the public health department, which was particularly dependent on smooth communication exchanges during the pandemic. One by one, all other departments were integrated into the new solution.
Today, almost all district administration employees use Rainbow, with more than half of them having access to the advanced Rainbow Enterprise functionality. Even now as employees gradually return to the office and face-to-face meetings are possible once again, Rainbow remains an important communications tool. The district administration and its employees have recognised the added value that fast, digital exchange offers and are likely to use Rainbow even more intensively into the future.
- Fast, easy Rainbow cloud platform implementation
- Smooth connection to the OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- Setup of new users within minutes
- Fully compliant with GDPR
- Tiered pricing model offers maximum flexibility
- Free entry-level version
- Minimum of IT resources required for installation, configuration and operation
User experience benefits
- Extensive Unified Communications (UC) features such as chat, presence information, audio and video calls, sharing of files and screen content
- Audio and video conferences with up to 120 participants (with Rainbow Enterprise)
- Intuitive user interface
- Location-independent access for all staff, whether working on site, remotely or from home