Nevada Department of Transportation
Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) wanted to lay the foundations for its next-generation Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), making it easier to connect and manage the growing mesh of Internet of Things (IoT) devices on the state’s highways.
- 국가: 미국
- 산업: 운송, ITS
- 해결책: Autonomous Network, Shortest Path Bridging, Video Surveillance, Digital Age Networking
NDOT is responsible for the planning, construction, operation and maintenance of the 5400 miles of highway and over 1000 bridges that make up Nevada’s state highway system. NDOT’s primary goal is “safety first”.
The new solution makes it simpler to provide the best services throughout the 25 billion miles traveled by our road users annually, providing the right information for safe travel and ultimately reducing the time spent on the road. ALE went above and beyond throughout the entire process.
Nevada Department of Transportation Customer Reference
- One of NDOT’s objectives is to increase safety on the state’s roads by offering drivers real-time information on road, traffic and weather conditions. To achieve this NDOT needed to harden its data network to withstand the harsh Nevada climate and support a growing number of devices.
- Looking to the future, NDOT wanted to lay the foundations for its next-generation Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), making it easier to connect and manage the growing mesh of Internet of Things (IoT) devices on the state’s highways.
- Hundreds of hardened switches will form the backbone of NDOT’s network.
- The network acts as a base to support future technology like next generation sensors, status notification systems, and connected cars.
- SPB allows the IT team to create a scalable network while cutting the time it takes to roll out new devices, services and applications.
- The ability to remotely manage the network, including rebooting devices, has generated time savings for NDOT and freed personnel to focus on other mission-critical tasks.
User experience benefits
- Real-time data is sent from various devices, including IP cameras, ensuring that drivers have access to the up-the-minute information they need to plan their journeys safely.
- Connected road signs enable drivers to make smart decisions while on the road, increasing safety and improving traffic flow.
Nevada Dept. of Transportation's Success Story
This document describes how Nevada Department of Transportation network increases safety and improves traffic flow.