Transforming into a smart city, Herrenberg looked for ways to provide communications with its 33,000 citizens using the cloud-based Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow™ app.
- Pays: Allemagne
- Secteur d'activité: Secteur public
- Solution: Communications cloud, Rainbow, Autonomous Network, Téléphonie d'entreprise
The city of Herrenberg in southern Germany believes that civic participation is very important. As part of its digital transformation into a smart city, the innovative administration looked for ways to simplify and modernize communications with its 33,000 citizens. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise communications and cloud solutions helped provide the path.
The Stadt Herrenberg administration has been a satisfied Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise customer for many years. Expanding their existing telephony using the ALE cloud communication solution was the next logical step. Rainbow provided a range of functions, user-friendliness, fast implementation and an excellent price-performance ratio. Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and system independence were deciding factors as well.
In the future, Herrenberg will expand its communications infrastructure to include video conferencing systems in all branch offices. With Rainbow Room, employees can use these systems without any special equipment or training.
- Comprehensive solution delivers network, telephony and collaboration in single source
- Rainbow integrates with Herrenberg city website for click-to-call and click-to-chat communications with citizens
- Secure GDPR-compliant cloud solution; highly scalable; provides easy collaboration, fast data exchange
- Rainbow available in flexible pricing models: Essential licenses - free use of basic functionality; Business licenses - intensive project work and extended communication purposes
- Additional savings from optimized internal use; prompt processing of citizen inquiries minimizes escalation and dissatisfaction
User Experience Benefits
- Improved employee satisfaction with simple, efficient collaboration
- Improved citizen satisfaction with barrier-free communication and short response times
- Rainbow's ease of use requires no prior experience or training; led to quick adoption from the start