Thanks to its new free city-wide Wi-Fi, Fukuoka has improved the visitor experience and stimulated business tourism.
- 국가: 일본
- 산업: 정부 기관
- 해결책: 모바일 캠퍼스
Fukuoka is the capital city of Fukuoka Prefecture and is situated on the northern shore of the island of Kyushu in Japan. It is the 5th largest city in Japan with a population of about 1.5 million. In 2015, to make itself more attractive as a tourism and convention destination, the city decided to implement free Wi-Fi for visitors at the Marine Messe Fukuoka and Fukuoka International Conference centers.
- ClearPass Policy Management System
- OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- OmniAccess Wireless LAN Switch
- OmniVista 3600 Air Manager
- Mobile Campus
- The OmniVista 3600 Air Manager delivers centralized control and the ability to visualize failures and radio wave conditions for simplified management.
- ClearPass Policy Manager handles access control and user management effectively, meaning Fukuoka City can gather relevant user data to manage performance and evolve its wireless network.
- The free and reliable city-wide Wi-Fi makes Fukuoka City a much more attractive destination for the MICE (Meetings, Incentive, Conferences, Exhibitions) industry, helping the city grow revenue in this area.
- Visitors have free Wi-Fi throughout the city.
- The authentication interface is simple to use and is offered in multiple languages, such as English, Chinese and Korean, for foreign visitors.