Modernized network infrastructure is enabling the Prefeitura de Fortaleza to provide better and more efficient service to its citizens.
- Land: Brasilien
- Branche: Behörden
- Lösung: Autonomous Network
Business Partner: Lettel
Fortaleza is the state capital of Ceara, located in the Northeastern Region of Brazil. It is the 5th largest city in the country, as well as an important industrial and commercial center. The Prefeitura de Fortaleza - the Municipality of Fortaleza - provides services to over 2.6 million citizens.
- The solution was introduced smoothly across the city’s multiple departments, providing access to the new high-performance data network.
- SPB has increased network speed and agility, improving overall network performance tenfold.
- OmniVista 2500 offers simplified centralized network management and maintenance.
- The solution came in at 60% under the estimated budget for the bid proposals, delivering substantial savings and enabling the city to invest funds in other areas (e.g. new equipment like desktops and notebooks, and security solutions).
- The municipal IT team can efficiently manage the network and provide support to all local government institutions.
- The network supports demanding applications like high performance software, as well as upgraded computers and devices, allowing employees to better track requests and offer a quicker service to citizens.
- “The new infrastructure is bolstered by a powerful security solution and application accelerators to boost the network performance and support IoT devices, including CCTV cameras, for improved public service and safety”, stated Erick Medrado – responsible by the project management and implementation in Fortaleza Technology Coordination.