Prefeitura de Fortaleza
Modernized network infrastructure is enabling the Prefeitura de Fortaleza to provide better and more efficient service to its citizens.
- Land: Brasilien
- Branche: Behörden
- Lösung: Autonomous Network
Business Partner: Lettel
Fortaleza is the state capital of Ceara, located in the Northeastern Region of Brazil. It is the 5th largest city in the country, as well as an important industrial and commercial center. The Prefeitura de Fortaleza - the Municipality of Fortaleza - provides services to over 2.6 million citizens.
With the help of ALE, we are making Fortaleza an even better place for our citizens to live and work. Modernizing our infrastructure is one of the pillars of our strategy to make Fortaleza one of the most cutting-edge cities in Brazil.
- The Prefeitura de Fortaleza has been modernizing its infrastructure to provide better and more efficient service to citizens. After investing in over 300 kilometers of fiber optic cables, the city wanted to upgrade its data network.
- The municipality needed a solution that offered swift implementation across its many departments: administration, education, healthcare, security, etc.
- It also had to be robust and reliable enough to power new Internet of Things (IoT) devices, including CCTV cameras to improve public safety.
- Affordability was a key requirement since Brazilian government agencies are required to conduct an eAuction to select contractors.
- The solution was introduced smoothly across the city’s multiple departments, providing access to the new high-performance data network.
- SPB has increased network speed and agility, improving overall network performance tenfold.
- OmniVista 2500 offers simplified centralized network management and maintenance.
- The solution came in at 60% under the estimated budget for the bid proposals, delivering substantial savings and enabling the city to invest funds in other areas (e.g. new equipment like desktops and notebooks, and security solutions).
- The municipal IT team can efficiently manage the network and provide support to all local government institutions.
User experience benefits
- The network supports demanding applications like high performance software, as well as upgraded computers and devices, allowing employees to better track requests and offer a quicker service to citizens.
- “The new infrastructure is bolstered by a powerful security solution and application accelerators to boost the network performance and support IoT devices, including CCTV cameras, for improved public service and safety”, stated Erick Medrado – responsible by the project management and implementation in Fortaleza Technology Coordination.
Produkte & Lösungen
Prefeitura de Fortaleza's Success Story
This short case study describes how Prefeitura de Fortaleza’s modernized network supports better and more efficient service delivery to citizens.