Students and faculty rely on Westchester Community College's new redundant network solution to power the 3700 devices connected at any given time.
- Land: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
- Branche: Bildungswesen
- Lösung: Mobiler Campus
Business Partner: Dice Communications, Inc.
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. There are about 24,000 students served by the college each semester.
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6860 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6860E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 9000E Chassis LAN Switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniAccess IAP215 Instant WLAN Access Point
- OmniAccess AP225 WLAN Access Point
- OmniAccess IAP325 Instant WLAN Access Point
- ClearPass Policy Manager
- Mobile Campus
- Network resiliency is assured by multihomed architecture and redundant data centers, minimizing down time.
- ClearPass will enable the college to control network access, stopping rogue devices from connecting and increasing security for all.
- The quality and long life of the new infrastructure has lowered repair and replacement costs.
- Reduced network maintenance windows enable the IT team to increase productivity and focus on other tasks.
- Students and faculty can rely on the resilient wired and wireless networks across campus.
- Automated guest access makes joining the network for visitors painless.
- Thanks to network redundancy, Westchester Community College can aid recovery efforts in cases of extreme weather by providing internet access to the local electricity company.