East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
NHS Trust invested in the infrastructure at Conquest Hospital to support changes in healthcare technology and enable doctors to use mobile devices, like tablets, to deliver the best possible patient care.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Industry: Healthcare
- Solution: Data Center, Autonomous Network
Business Partner: Khipu Networks Ltd
East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust provides acute hospital and community health services for people living in East Sussex and the surrounding areas. Services are provided through two main district hospitals - Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne DGH – as well as other care facilities. The Trust is one of the UK’s largest, with over 525,000 people living in East Sussex, 6000 dedicated staff, and a turnover of £365 million.
East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust customer Video
- Delivery of clinical care is increasingly reliant on IT services. The Board of East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust understood the need to invest in the infrastructure at Conquest Hospital to support changes in healthcare technology and enable doctors to use mobile devices, like tablets, to deliver the best possible patient care.
- Cost was also an important consideration for the Trust, and it was critical that the solution be both effective and economical.
- Switching to the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution has gone seamlessly and resulted in virtually no downtime.
- The new four-point matrix core has replaced the old single point network to deliver redundancy, ensure network reliability, and make Conquest Hospital a place where administrative and clinical staff connect to deliver timely, safe, efficient care.
- Conquest Hospital now has a very solid base and network that supports delivery of services. Thanks to its reliability, clinicians are able to reduce the number of cancelled clinics.
- The solution is economical and costs the Trust far less than the previous network.
User experience benefits:
- Clinicians can spend more time with patients and offer the best possible care via the use of mobile devices.
- The new infrastructure provides a backbone enabling the integration of new technologies that continually improve patient care, now and in the future.
Products & Solutions
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6450-P48
- OmniAccess 4650 Controllers
- OmniAccess AP93
- OmniAccess AP103
- OmniAccess AP205
- OmniAccess AP207
- OmniAccess AP275
- OmniAccess RAP3WN
- ClearPass Policy Manager
- Healthcare Solutions
- Data Center
- Mobile Campus
East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust's Success Story
This short case study describes how East Sussex Healthcare NHS invested in Conquest Hospital’s infrastructure to deliver the best possible patient care.