The urban community Est-Ensemble chooses Alcatel-Lucent Solutions for IP migration of its new remote sites
- Country: France
- Industry: Government
- Solution: Connected Solutions and Devices
The urban community, Est Ensemble, was founded in 2010. It includes nine cities in Seine-Saint-Denis (Bagnolet, Bobigny, Bondy, Le Pré Saint Gervais, Les Lilas, Montreuil, Noisy le Sec, Pantin and Romainville). Its population includes 400,715 inhabitants and 1,050 agents.
The community is working on unifying the following areas of interest for all nine cities: waste collection, sanitation, sports, cultural affairs, economic affairs, employment offices and Access Points rights in order to meet the needs of its residents.
- They needed to find a solution that takes particularities of each site into account while ensuring a secure network and unifying the communication between the remote sites.
- Furthermore, they required centralized administration and management and needed smooth distribution of all costs for the implementation of such a global project.
- Now, the customer has a future-proof solution based on a Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
- Which can be supported at later stages by 10 Gb and that will accommodate a secure core network in a Plan of Recovery of Activity (PRA).
- They have optimized purchasing and operational costs and clear services for all agents.
Products & Solutions
- OmniVista 7460 Network Management System
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch (edge)
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Gigabit LAN Switch (edge)
- Business Integrated Communication Solution (BICS)
- Government Solutions
- Business Telephony
The Urban Community Est-Ensemble Short Case Study
The urban community Est-ensemble chooses Alcatel-Lucent solutions for IP migration of its new remote sites.