Creating a smart and mobile campus with customized networking and Wi-Fi solutions.
- Country: China
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Wireless Networking (WiFi)
Nanfang College of Sun Yat-sen University located in Guangzhou China offers 42 majors in 10 departments or schools. Currently the college has more than 19,000 undergraduates and approximately 1,200 professors and teachers. The college deployed Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solutions to address the increasing demand for network connectivity, and to manage the complex network operations.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s global, proven track record of providing stable and reliable quality network solutions and services within the education industry set high expectations with the college Executive team.
ALE worked together with a Value-Added Distributor and Indirect Reseller to propose a mobile campus solution deployed as an Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS).
The solution was comprised of the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® product family, Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar Access Points, the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Network Management System and portals with high performance and reliability.
The Stellar Wi-Fi network also addressed the need for a distributed wireless architecture covering the campus, classrooms, and student dormitories.
- OmniAccess Stellar WLAN distributed architecture technology provides high reliability and flexibility
- OmniAccess Stellar wireless integrates with applications, big data and Internet of Things (IoT) to create a smart campus
- The ALE partner leads daily network management and maintenance and offers a customized application
- The college’s IT team freed up to focus on network quality and service to students and teachers
- All-in-one solution and services from a single vendor reduces maintenance costs
- OmniAccess Stellar products are cost-effective
- Additional savings from day-to-day system autonomy and IT team operational costs
User Experience Benefits
- ALE mobile campus solutions provide the college’s users access from various devices and platforms
- Unified Access creates a seamless user experience, simple and secure wireless or wired access
- OmniAccess Stellar system automation simplifies configuration and reduces deployment time