Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) wanted to lay the foundations for its next-generation Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), making it easier to connect and manage the growing mesh of Internet of Things (IoT) devices on the state’s highways.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Transportation, ITS
- Solution: Mobile Campus
NDOT is responsible for the planning, construction, operation and maintenance of the 5400 miles of highway and over 1000 bridges that make up Nevada’s state highway system. NDOT’s primary goal is “safety first”.
Nevada Department of Transportation Customer Reference
- OmniSwitch 6865 Hardened LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6860E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- Mobile Campus
- Hundreds of hardened switches will form the backbone of NDOT’s network.
- The network acts as a base to support future technology like next generation sensors, status notification systems, and connected cars.
- SPB allows the IT team to create a scalable network while cutting the time it takes to roll out new devices, services and applications.
- The ability to remotely manage the network, including rebooting devices, has generated time savings for NDOT and freed personnel to focus on other mission-critical tasks.
- Real-time data is sent from various devices, including IP cameras, ensuring that drivers have access to the up-the-minute information they need to plan their journeys safely.
- Connected road signs enable drivers to make smart decisions while on the road, increasing safety and improving traffic flow.