Smart city solutions securely connect cities, enhancing the quality of citizen life and helping communities grow sustainably.
Today’s city services and operations rely on secure connectivity. Devices and services connected to city networks increase demand for more bandwidth and speed such that smart city technology becomes necessary for sustainable growth.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise smart city solutions connect cities and citizens with resilient communications and networks. We help you transform your technology foundation to power a secure, high-density connectivity across the city. This network securely connects IoT and reduces complexity and costs, while providing a safe, friendly citizen experience.
Build sustainable, connected cities
- Create a transformation foundation for a smart city
- Connect people, objects, machines and processes securely across the city
- Simplify management and reduce costs with automation and proactive analytics
- Power smart, sustainable buildings
Smart city solutions keep a smart city running
Smart city projects depend on a resilient network and communications foundation. A Digital Age Network is smart and automated, which makes it easy to connect users and devices to their specific applications in a secure manner. It also ensures a coherent quality of experience everywhere.
With a secure foundation in place, high-density Wi-Fi 6 can be deployed across the city to connect objects, machines and processes that fuel your digital transformation. IoT enablement and access control make it fast and easy to configure cybersecurity policies for the vast number of connected users, devices and applications.
Connected city networks cannot be managed manually. Proactive network management reduce errors and enhances intervention speed. With our solution, IT teams define network services, architecture, access policies and IoT containers and the network builds itself automatically. Once it is built, the network makes the required adjustments automatically.
Power smart, sustainable buildings
Sustainable buildings can reduce city emissions, reinforce community spirit and ensure citizen safety. City buildings offer smart services such as collaboration, wayfinding, automated room booking, secured access control or carpark status. Remote control and automation enhance resource efficiency and reduces energy consumption. Video surveillance and centralized notifications improve citizen security.
Citizens enjoy convenience and simplicity:
- CPaaS makes digital public services accessible 24/7 from a website or a citizen’s own device
- Advanced amenities enhance safety in public or private city buildings
- Location-based services simplify public buildings navigation and evacuation procedures
City council employees enjoy improved working conditions:
- A digital workplace simplifies access to tools, colleagues and information from anywhere
- Mobility and connectivity enhance effectiveness anywhere
- Collaboration and information-sharing powers autonomy and decision-making
IT Managers can embrace a proactive network management:
- Flexible models, such as cloud, on-premises and hybrid, ensure budget optimisation
- A Digital Age Network empowers a proactive approach that reduces human errors and enhances efficiency
- IoT enablement automatically and securely onboards smart city IoT devices
- A centralised, proactive and automated network simplifies smart-city operations and reduces IT costs
- CCTV, location services and centralised notifications improve city buildings security
City managers gain community and public servants trust:
- The smart city transformation powers an enhanced quality of life for everyone and improves city efficiency
- The privacy of citizen data and public services data is protected
- Remote work tools for public servants enable public service continuity in any situation
- Automation enhances resource efficiency and ensures people and assets security
smart cities and communities video1/5
Public safety in smart cities with CPaaS2/5
The Scottish Government: Embracing a Digital Age Network3/500:04:00
Customer reference City of Perpignan - NXO & Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise4/500:03:41
Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Video Reference5/500:04:12
Discover how local communities can embrace the smart label thanks to digital transformation
Digital Age Networking for Government
Digital Age Networking enables governments to enter the digital transformation era.
Digital Age Communications for a smarter Operations Control…
ALE delivers flexible, secure and resilient Digital Age Communications to Operations Control Centres in smart cities, public safety, energy and utilities, and …
How System Integrators address evolving Government ICT
This whitepaper describes government agencies’ transformation and how their new requirements and security standards have created challenges for ICT integrators…
Connected Cities: Digital Transformation in Action
Explore innovation in connected cities and how technology can help improve the lives of citizens.
Governments win with Digital Age Communications
ALE delivers flexible, secure, and highly- available Digital Age Communications for digital citizen experiences, connected cities, and public safety.
A comprehensive approach to the IoT challenge
Discover how ALE Digital Age Networking can manage your IoT devices in an automatic and secure manner.
Digital age communications for governments
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise delivers flexible, secure and highly available Digital Age Communications for digital citizen experiences, connected cities, and pubi…
Automating workflows to increase business agility
Discover how automating workflows can help organisations increase business agility and reap the benefits of digital transformation.
Digital Reputation: A key asset for governments and cities
To gain the confidence of their customers, public sector organizations need to build a reputation for security that addresses every aspect of the current envir…
Visit our Blog
ALE OmniSwitch may be the most secure switch on the market
OmniSwitch is the switch of choice to deliver the zero trust network security governments demand.
Connected smart cities are future-ready
Connected people, objects and processes, let smart cities provide efficient, safe and sustainable operations into the future.
Building 5.0: Thinking outside the box
Building as a Service expands building evolution with truly intelligent buildings, impacting smart cities and sustainability.
Giving meaning to tech
ALE brings meaning to tech through inclusion and accessibility, improving societal, environmental and work/life balance.