Morgan State University replaced its aging networks with a unified solution to deliver pervasive WiFi on campus while simplifying maintenance and saving money.
- Pays: États-Unis
- Secteur d'activité: Éducation
- Solution: Campus mobile, Téléphonie d'entreprise, Communications unifiées
- Morgan State University (Morgan) is located in a residential section of Baltimore, Maryland, on a 143-acre campus.
- Morgan is Maryland’s premier public urban research institution providing a diverse student body with a distinctive educational experience.
- Each year, the university enrolls an average of 7700 students in programs from the baccalaureate to the doctorate.
- The historic academic institution will soon celebrate its 150-year anniversary.
- Premium DeskPhones
- OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- OmniAccess WLAN Controllers
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista 3600 Air Manager
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- Business Telephony
- Data Center
- Unified Communications
- Mobile Campus
- Mobile Communications
- The university’s dual core routed network went from 2GB to 80GB, providing ample bandwidth for future growth of users, applications and devices, as well as connection to high-speed servers
- The new infrastructure unifies historically disparate networks (e.g. surveillance, card access, energy management, fire safety…) while maintaining service separation between them, and simplifying management and maintenance
- The solution has the capability to deliver all kinds of real-time applications, including VoIP, with high service quality
- The unification of multiple networks means less money spent on maintenance
- The new network enables the expansion of online courses and degrees, a significant revenue generator for Morgan