Movis selected Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products because a trust relationship was already established with the vendor and partner API S&S, who would also work closely with Movis in providing after-sales service support.
- Country: Ivory Coast
- Industry: Transportation, Ports and Logistics
- Solution: Data Center
Movis International was established as a joint venture between the Geodis group's African operations, and the port logistics operator Sivom, itself based in the Gulf of Guinea since 1973.
Movis aims to connect African markets to international trade more efficiently, relying upon direct access to the Geodis network, which spans over 120 countries.
The Ivory Coast subsidiary works very closely with the Abidjan port and covers five core business activities: logging, transportation, transit, storage, and express mail.
The value of the solution was also a factor in the decision-making process, with Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products proving to be the best proposal.
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6250 Stackable Fast Ethernet Switch
- Data Center
- Movis’s network is much more reliable and available.
- Applications are now all centralized and interfaced.
- Movis has reduced its communication costs by two thirds over the last five years.
- This is thanks to the unification of the voice network, offering free internal calls, the introduction of taxation, and monthly quotas for telephone calls.
- All employees can now receive direct calls.