Switzerland of Ohio Schools
Ongoing relationship with CCI provides great support and performance leveraging Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise technology.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Digital Age Networking
Switzerland of Ohio Schools is the largest geographical district in Ohio spanning more than 500 miles. The district includes five elementary schools, three high schools, and a career centre. Switzerland of Ohio Schools goal is to provide its 2,100 students with the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
Having the largest geographical school district in Ohio brings some technology challenges. Implementing one-to-one learning and having aging network equipment, led Tess Hill, Technology Director at Switzerland of Ohio Schools, and her team, to invest in digitally transforming the district’s learning environment for the 21st century.
Switzerland of Ohio Schools has been working with integrator Communications Consulting Inc. (CCI) for a number of years now. The ongoing relationship provides great support and performance and leverages Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise technology to create dependable connectivity and a stable network. This relationship along with virtual network management enables the small IT staff to deliver a teaching and learning environment relevant to today’s digital student.
Switzerland of Ohio Schools continue to invest in their network with support from CCI and Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® solutions. The Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar Access Point infrastructure seamlessly provides stable Wi-Fi connectivity for all students and staff. Switch upgrades in integral buildings create a network that supports their vision. CCI and ALE’s E-rate Program knowledge and affordability allowed Switzerland Ohio Schools to create a dependable network, at a fair price, with trustworthy products.
- Robust Wi-Fi infrastructure, using OmniAccess Stellar, supports students’ and teachers’ wireless devices
- Buildings equipped with switch upgrades played a key role in developing a dependable network for today’s digital learning environment
- The ALE equipment is dependable and cost half as much as the previous networking provider
User experience benefits
- The performance and stability of the wireless OmniAccess Stellar APs helped with the transition to one-to-one learning and enabled remote infrastructure management
- Seamless device integration provides users with always on experience as the network is connected to a power backup in case of an outage
Switzerland Ohio Schools case study
The school district evolutionises education with leading-edge connectivity technology to provide students with the opportunity to reach their highest potential.