The Escarpment Group
The Escarpment Group was aware of ALE capability in the hospitality space and trusted the unified platform solution.
- Country: Australia
- Industry: Hospitality
- Solution: Connected Solutions and Devices
The Escarpment Group is a unique collection of Luxury Escapes in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains. It incorporates 4 luxury brands that are iconic to the Blue Mountains – Lilianfels Resort and Spa, Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, The Hydro Majestic Hotel and Parklands Country Gardens & Lodges .
Each of these established icons is steeped in history and surrounded by dramatic landscapes and breathtaking views that are unique to the Blue Mountains region.
The Escarpment Group also had a very good preexisting relationship with Excelcom, the business partner.
- The Escarpment Group’s multiple properties were using disparate platforms, resulting in an excessive number of integration points, management challenges and a lack of consistency across locations.
- Working with various suppliers further complicated network management and maintenance.
- The small team of IT technicians were stretched thin and were left with little time to focus on value-add projects like WiFi upgrades, etc.
- The hotel group wanted to install a central reservation system that could handle bookings for all properties from a single front desk.
- The single management platform and PBX that spans across all hotel properties have simplified system management and maintenance.
- Onboarding new hotels is easy, it represents a small add-on as the IT team only needs to add gateways and handsets.
- Working with one supplier has increased consistency, simplified the network and freed the staff to work on more strategic projects.
- A new SIP trunk has replaced the individual phone lines at each site, for greater efficiency.
- Thanks to the single PBX all telephone communication costs between hotels have been eliminated, generating costs savings for the hospitality group.
User experience benefits:
- The central reservation system helps the Escarpment Group offer better customer service.
- Hotel staff can check room availability across all properties in real time, enabling them to offer alternative accommodation to guests if requested properties are fully booked.
Products & Solutions
The Escarpment Group's Success Story
The Escarpment Group's new unified platform offers consistency across hotel properties, drastically reduced communications costs and improved customer service.