The metropolis and city of Perpignan are implementing a strategic digital transition plan to address the connectivity needs of citizen, visitors and municipal employees
- Paese: Francia
- Settore: Enti pubblici
- Soluzione: Comunicazioni cloud, Unified Communication
The metropolitan area and city of Perpignan in France is known for its dynamism and innovation. The area now has 270,000 inhabitants, 1,100 employees and 36 municipalities, including the city of Perpignan with its 12,000 inhabitants and 2,400 employees. Since 2016 the metropolitan area has been engaged in a project to modernize its public administration in order to simplify the sharing of information systems between the communities.
The first step in the digital transition is the design and deployment of a new reliable and efficient system and network infrastructure that will enable the metropolis and city of Perpignan to develop the Smart City project. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and its partner NXO have provided a range of tailor-made solutions to meet the objectives and needs of Perpignan Méditerranée Métropole and its 36 municipalities.
Customer reference City of Perpignan - NXO & Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
- The Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar WLAN integrates with existing infrastructures and offers ease of deployment
- The solution, which is fully redundant, provides continuity of services to citizens
- Deployed solutions to secure data centers through the implementation of a business continuity plan
- Simplification of the sharing and administration of information systems
- Deployment of new services such as videoconference, voice and IoT for internal and user needs
- New uses and contents with the Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow solution for Perpignan residents, tourists and municipal employees