John Flynn Private Hospital
Hospital invests in technology to improve patient care and support.
- Country: Australia
- Industry: Healthcare, Digital health
- Solution: Unified Communications, Customer Service
John Flynn Private Hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, is an acute care hospital located at Tugun on the southern end of Queensland’s Gold Coast.
In recent years, John Flynn Private Hospital has undergone significant redevelopments and expansions that have seen the hospital evolve into a modern facility with 361 licensed beds. In addition to expanding building infrastructure, the hospital continues to invest heavily in technology to improve patient care and support.
John Flynn Private Hospital engaged Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (ALE) together with delivery partner VoIP to provide fit-for-purpose communication and messaging solutions for the facility to improve patient support and care. One important objective was to better categorise and prioritise alarm codes to help reduce the time nurses needed to access and respond to emergency codes. For example, with the new ALE solution, certain alarm codes can override the phone function so that patients can be tended to as quickly and efficiently as possible.
ALE and VoIP worked closely together with clinical management and ward staff on a bespoke alarm and notification system using IQ Messenger. The platform meets John Flynn Private Hospital’s needs to comply with regulations, reduce alarm fatigue and deliver consistent notifications to staff.
- IQ Messenger integrates with an extensive list of alarm and nurse call systems
User Experience Benefits
- The mission-critical telephony infrastructure together with IQ Messenger empowers clinical staff with digital alarms and notification services ensuring patient and staff safety
- All mission-critical technology sourced from one trusted vendor; Alcatel Lucent Enterprise
Products & Solutions
John Flynn Private Hospital case study
John Flynn Private Hospital invests in technology to improve patient care and support.