REYL & Cie Ltd
Integrated access control enables private bank to securely fend off unauthorised network access.
- Country: Switzerland
- Industry: Finance & Insurance
- Solution: Digital Age Networking
The internationally active private bank REYL & Cie Ltd (REYL), headquartered in Geneva, faces new challenges Its internal control bodies, as well as the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA, require internal and external access to the network be permanently controlled so that unauthorised access is blocked and malicious actors cannot connect to the bank's network.
The regulations require end-to-end network access control (NAC) with certificate-based authentication for all access, which means REYL needed a LAN and WLAN solution with rigorous NAC. Together with its network partner keyIT, the bank found what it was looking for in Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, whose switches and access points have integrated NAC functionality and can be implemented quickly and easily. Unlike with other manufacturers' products, no additional, often very expensive, NAC solutions are needed.
Roll-out of the new network started at the Geneva headquarters. Specialists from keyIT configured the ALE hardware and software, and the bank was able to quickly put the network into operation without any problems, and with the desired high-level security. REYL then replicated the new network infrastructure to its other sites. This did not require any on-site configuration work. As REYL relies on standardised, well-prepared configurations, the switches and access points can be deployed and replaced worldwide without the physical presence of a technician. The renewed network environment fully meets REYL's needs. The reliability and stability of the network infrastructure, secure network access and the homogeneous solution for LAN and WLAN are particularly important to the bank. In short: The bank now has a secure network from a single source meeting all its access control requirements.
- Homogeneous LAN and WLAN environment, with all network components from a single source
- Unified network management with OmniVista Cirrus
- Integrated NAC functionality provides comprehensive access security at network port level
- Certificates on the end devices for secure authentication at the switch or access point
- Reduced configuration effort as users are automatically routed to the correct network
- Reduced IT effort: Complete network easy and efficient to manage, roll-out without on-site personnel
- No additional capital expenditure for NAC
User experience benefits
- Adherence to internal compliance requirements and FINMA regulations
- Maximum LAN and WLAN access security with minimum effort
- Uncomplicated roll-out at worldwide locations
- Many years of good experience with ALE network products
Products & Solutions
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6900, 6860 and 6560 LAN Switches
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar AP1321 WLAN Access Points
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® Cirrus Network Management System
REYL & Cie Ltd Short Case Study
Learn how the Swiss private bank securely fends off unauthorised access to its network.