Caritas Speyer needed to modernize its communications infrastructure in order to be more efficient and to save costs.
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Healthcare
- Solution: Data Center, Unified Communications, Autonomous Network, Small and Medium Business
The German welfare association “Caritas Association for the Diocese of Speyer” offers advice and support to people seeking help in difficult situations. The association’s institutions previously all used their own communication systems, which were not interconnected. Today, a uniform infrastructure with centralized administration is in place, based on proven communications technology from Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise. This has resulted in considerable cost savings and highly increased efficiency, while duplicate components in the Caritas data center ensure maximum reliability. COM plan + service GmbH was commissioned to implement the new solution and has migrated more than 50 Caritas Speyer locations.
- Fragmented communication environment
- Disparate systems
- High administration and maintenance burden
- Lack of comprehensive visibility
- Efficiency gains through centralization
- Cost reduction through standardization
- High availability through double servers and local back-ups
- Sustainability through future-proof technology
Products & Solutions
- Unified, centralized communication platform
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 8770 Network Management System
- Data Center
- Unified Communications
- Mobile Communications
- Small and Medium Business
Caritas Speyer short case study
This short case study describes how Caritas Speyer gains efficiency and saves costs thanks to Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products.