The backing of Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and its partner NextiraOne allowed the Carcassonne Hospital Centre to experiment with the solutions offered prior to their implementation.
- Country: France
- Industry: Healthcare
- Solution: Business Telephony, Data Center, Security
The new Carcassonne Hospital Center built on the Montredon site, opened in May 2014.
It offers a 496 patient-care capacity, including beds and offices over an area of 53,757 m2 spread over five levels.
The Hospital Centre also manages two nursing homes with a capacity of 290 beds and a 15-patient ambulatory care capacity.
It was following the initial successful installation of the EHPAD that Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise was chosen to participate in the Hospital Centre's call for offers.
- OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniAccess AP105
- OmniAccess 4550
- Business DECT Handsets
- OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- OpenTouch Multimedia Services
- Business Telephony
- Unified Communications
- Mobile Campus
- The network is highly available and sufficiently powerful (based on 10 Gigabyte technology) to support numerous applications (patient files, software, office automation and biomedical applications, patient internet access).
- Supplied by Power over the Ethernet (PoE), 180 Wifi terminals assure complete coverage throughout the five levels of the new building.
- The Wifi solution is based on central controllers that thereby facilitate operation and reduce costs.
- Patients can now have internet access in the rooms using their multimedia terminal.