Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise won the tender thanks to a joint proposal with long-time business partner Oechsler Controlware GmbH, to come up with a solution.
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Solution: Autonomous Network, Data Center, Connected Solutions and Devices
Established in 1864, Oechsler AG is now a major global plastics engineering and manufacturing company.
Headquartered in Ansbach, southern Germany, the company has three German locations, as well as international offices in China, Romania, Mexico and Singapore.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise comes up with solution for a modern network with innovative components and a highly reliable and intelligent network management system, and also to supply the components and deliver training to Oechsler AG's IT team.
- Oechsler AG's existing platform was old and out-of-date, with many dedicated servers from different manufacturers, extremely heterogeneous.
- There was no central management, just individual tools for different tasks, and the bandwidth far exceeded the capacity of the installed network.
- Finally, even the most important components of the network were not installed redundantly, so if a network failure occurred, it had a knock-on effect on the entire company.
- The network serves to manage more than 1,000 PCs and 1,500 users around the world, as well as the corporate telephony system.
- With two fully redundant data centers, if an error occurs in the productive data center, the entire operation can be switched to the second data center within 3 seconds.
- Oeschler's entire global IT is now managed centrally from its headquarters in Anbasch, with a remote view of all the other Germany sites as well as international locations.
- This streamlining of processes and systems has resulted in significant savings.
User experience benefits:
- Employees have been particularly satisfied with the high transfer speed - they can now perform a complete backup of the file server in under half the time it took before.
Products & Solutions
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OpenTouch Conversation (MLE)
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- Business Telephony
- Mobile Campus
- Data Center
Oechsler 's Case study
This case study explains how Oeschler AG modernized their IT and networking infrastructure to provide employees with a high-speed network for all offices.
Oechsler 's Success Story
This short case study explains how Oeschler AG modernized their IT and networking infrastructure to provide employees with a high-speed network for all offices.