Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise won the tender thanks to a joint proposal with long-time business partner Oechsler Controlware GmbH, to come up with a solution.
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Solution: Autonomous Network, Data Center, Business Telephony
Established in 1864, Oechsler AG is now a major global plastics engineering and manufacturing company.
Headquartered in Ansbach, southern Germany, the company has three German locations, as well as international offices in China, Romania, Mexico and Singapore.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise comes up with solution for a modern network with innovative components and a highly reliable and intelligent network management system, and also to supply the components and deliver training to Oechsler AG's IT team.
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OpenTouch Conversation (MLE)
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- Business Telephony
- Mobile Campus
- Data Center
- The network serves to manage more than 1,000 PCs and 1,500 users around the world, as well as the corporate telephony system.
- With two fully redundant data centers, if an error occurs in the productive data center, the entire operation can be switched to the second data center within 3 seconds.
- Oeschler's entire global IT is now managed centrally from its headquarters in Anbasch, with a remote view of all the other Germany sites as well as international locations.
- This streamlining of processes and systems has resulted in significant savings.
- Employees have been particularly satisfied with the high transfer speed - they can now perform a complete backup of the file server in under half the time it took before.