A vision to deliver broadband services created cost savings and provided vital connectivity to education and healthcare customers during a crisis.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Energy & Utilities
- Solution: Data Center, Harsh Environments
Ocala Fiber Network in Florida evolved from the City of Ocala electric utility two decades ago. Its purpose: deliver a range of broadband Internet services based on the build-out of a 100 percent fiber network for city agencies as well as citizens. The network was modernized with Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise switches to deliver higher speeds with better network management and performance. And through a global health crisis, OFN proved its value to its customers.
- “Ease of deployment and managing ALE switches is second to none” ~Will Rios
- OmniSwitches deliver network link utilization with dynamic network configuration
- Increased speed of Service Activation and low maintenance of switches
- Modern network offers increase of revenue funds that go back to the city
- Switches are future-proof
- “Can’t beat the cost effectiveness of the ALE switches – they optimize network capacity while being budget friendly” ~Will Rios
- SPB capabilities will improve routing for less TCO
User Experience Benefits
- Streamlined network gives OFN ability to deliver broader services and greater bandwidth to customers
- OmniSwitches give OFN the ability to increase usage seamlessly in times of crisis
- Network infrastructure team learned ALE switches 5-10 times faster than other vendor’s switches