Baosteel Group Meishan
The Meisteel Factory of Baosteel Group enhances the performance, the reliability and management of its network thanks to Alcatel-Lucent's AFN solution
- Country: China
- Industry: Manufacturing
Baosteel Group Corporation (referred to as Baosteel) is an enterprise arising from China's reform and opening-up.
Baosteel’s construction started in 1978.
After over 30 years of development, Baosteel has grown into China's most competitive iron and steel group with the highest level of modernization. At the end of 2012, Baosteel had a total of 130,401 employees located all across the world.
Alcatel-Lucent’s Application Fluent Network (AFN) solution not only enhanced the performance, reliability and management of the network, but also supported virtualization technique – which provided a very good support for the IT transformation of MeiSteel Factory of BaoSteel Group.
- Needed to update original network equipment to enable further development
- Needed to virtualize its network in order to achieve business reliability by segmenting the different businesses
- Needed to update its Data Center to meet the virtualization requirements
- Improved user experience thanks to the upgrade to 10G and also to the Data Center change to the L2 architecture, allowing the user to have a more agile application response
- Improved business reliability by deploying a Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation Group (MC-LAG) to improve the network resilience, to avoid any activity interruption
Products & Solutions
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 9702 Chassis LAN Switch
Meisteel factory of Baosteel group short case study
Improved business reliability by deploying a Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation Group(MC-LAG) to improve the network resilience, to avoid any activity interruption