- Rainbow CTI & Media Bridge replaces Rainbow connector
- Upgrade delivers more freedom for users in their choice of device and location
- Connecting PBXs unlocks many possibilities for Rainbow users
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise introduces Rainbow CTI & Media Bridge
Paris, France, July 13, 2021- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, a leading provider of communications, networking and cloud solutions tailored to customers’ industries, announces the introduction of Rainbow CTI & Media Bridge in its cloud-based Rainbow platform. This solution replaces the Rainbow connector for third-party PBXs solution, adding support for Voice over IP softphone (computer mode) and the capability to monitor a Desk phone via CTI (Desk phone mode).
The offer upgrade delivers more freedom for users in their choice of device and location. Users are now more mobile and can take advantage of Rainbow mobility anywhere using their computers and mobile devices, while staying connected to their existing PBX.
By connecting PBXs, Rainbow users can unlock many possibilities thanks to the link between telephony systems and the Rainbow collaboration platform. This includes:
- Make and receive calls from anywhere using Rainbow application in Voice over IP, with their PBX Business number and public phone numbers
- Control and monitor their desk phone from the Rainbow application on a computer and mobile devices
- See when someone is on the phone thanks to phone presence
- Display the number and name of the calling party
- Search for a user in your PBX phone book and initiate a phone call
“Rainbow CTI & Media Bridge is a natural evolution since it provides Rainbow users with even more mobility and call options. Seamlessly connecting telephony systems and the Rainbow by Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise will take the platform to the next level”, says Olivier Kreet, Product Line Manager Director at Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise.
“This upgrade aligns and supports the Rainbow vision, especially in regards to time management and openness. Via the third-party PBX connectivity on any device, Rainbow CTI & Media Bridge breaks boundaries to optimise employees’ time by converging all communications in one place and setting the pace for the hybrid workplace. Since Rainbow is an open platform, connectivity to third-party PBXs confirms our ambition to optimise workflows through integration and solution openness,” adds Moussa Zaghdoud, EVP, Cloud at Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise.