As the pandemic circled the globe it quickly became evident that organizations needed to react rapidly to enable their teams to begin working remotely.
As the world begins to assimilate the new reality of remote working into daily life, we have to ask ourselves, can things go back to the way they were? Or, has all that we’ve been through opened the door to the possibility of a new normal, maybe an even better normal.
When the need for business continuity became real, companies were forced to react quickly to enable their teams to work from home and maintain something that resembled ‘normal’ in their daily work life. The companies that succeeded in a seamless transition to the new remote working situation sought out a solution where employees could easily download an app and have 21st century communications and collaboration at their fingertips. And, for some it was almost that easy.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise was ready when the call came. We jumped into action with a business continuity offering that has provided hundreds of thousands of Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow™ licenses to customers for free. This program has enabled ALE customers to quickly implement the remote working environments that they needed to keep employees safe and continue to operate through this challenging time.
Following are just some of the types of organisations around the world leveraging the Rainbow platform to ensure business continuity during these troubling times:
• An official IT partner of a major European city requested 10,000 licences to help citizens, companies, visitor, and students, all residing within the city, to better engage with city officials
• A South Asian National Army is utilizing 1,000 licenses to enhance its internal communications
• A South African research and development facility have requested more than 3,000 licences to ensure business continuity during the coming months
• A local government branch of a leading European city with over one and a half million constituents have 2,000 licences to enable staff to work remotely during the recent pandemic
• A major South American household electronics retailer have implemented more than 2,500 licences to facilitate remote working and ensure employees can continue to work from safe locations
• A school district in North America have requested approximately 1,000 licences to continue to deliver remote classes to students
• A hospital in South America is deploying 1,000 licences across all departments to offer more secure, effective, and manageable internal communication processes
With more than 50% of ALE employees—which quickly escalated to 100%—working from home prior to the pandemic, we had the experience and expertise to help our customers respond rapidly and keep their businesses running in this new work from home (#WFH) environment.
While it’s an understatement to say that ‘much’ has changed over the last few months, as organizations around the globe undertake the task of re-opening, we have to ask, has remote working become YOUR ‘new normal’?
A hybrid work environment provides the flexibility and security to get your business back to business-as-usual
Digital transformation enables university campuses to create a smart, safe, secure and successful community for students and faculty.
Thanks to always-on Wi-Fi capabilities from Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, NTT Pro Cycling stays connected, regardless of the environment
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise delivers asset tracking capabilities to the NTT Pro Cycling team to keep bike items on track and safe
As a next-gen connected team, NTT Pro Cycling uses Rainbow from Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise to collaborate before, during and after races
NTT ProCycling Team journey into Tour de France 2020