Unified Access allows wired and wireless technologies to work together, as a single, robust network
Users experience the same high-quality performance whether they are using Wi-Fi, or are connected using an Ethernet cable. They can access the same apps as they switch from their desktops, to their smartphones, to their tablets.
Network management in a unified environment is singular: That means a single registration process, a single set of policies, and a single-pane for visibility and control of the entire network.
A unified network policy for both wired and wireless users creates standardization of the policies across the network.
A single experience for wired and wireless users
Unified Access allows wired and wireless technologies to work together, as a single, robust network. It is a combination of authentication, device compliance, and access control functions providing a proactive experience for both wired and wireless users.
Unified Access offers a:
- Similar experience on both wired and wireless network
- Unified network policy
- Unified management
Authentication, compliance and access control
Unified Access offers features through the switch hardware and software that:
- Determine who is on the network
- Check if end users are compliant
- Determine what end users can access within the network
- Provide location-based and time-based policies associated with user
- Supports internal and external capital portal authentication
Here’s why customers choose ALE
- Better user experience irrespective of wired or wireless network
- Standardized infrastructure policy
- Able to determine what end users can access within the network.
- Better network security
- Simplified management through Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Network Management platform