This prestigious golfing event was able to offer secure high-speed Internet access and state-of-the art IP telephony, increasing productivity and enhancing the visitor experience.
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Hospitality
- Solution: Business Telephony, Mobile Campus
BMW International Open, one of the highlights of the European golfing calendar, attracts some of the game's greatest stars and dedicated sports fans each year. BMW organized this tournament for the 28th time in 2016, providing journalists and 58,500 spectators with reliable connectivity throughout the event and helping everyone to have an extraordinary day at the golf course.
- Business DECT Handsets
- OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- OmniAccess Wireless LAN Switch
- OmniPCX Office Rich Communication Edition
- OmniSwitch 6450
- OmniSwitch 6860E
- OmniSwitch 6900
- Premium DeskPhones
- Business Telephony
- Converged Campus Network
- Thanks to Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution, the prestigious golfing event was able to offer secure high-speed Internet access and state-of-the art IP telephony.
- All indoor and outdoor areas were covered: club house, public areas and the course grandstands. The controller-based WLAN infrastructure was set up with rugged WLAN access points designed for outdoor environments, providing high density on the 10,000 square meter public area.
- The 1,200 WLAN users required optimized frequency management that had to be significantly more sophisticated than those typically used in corporate environments.
- Having a single voice and data solutions supported the organizers’ productivity and enabled them to run the event smoothly and successfully.
- Players, partners, journalists and spectators at the 2016 BMW International Open enjoyed reliable connectivity throughout the event, helping everyone to have an extraordinary day at the golf course.