Calhoun First UMC needed a modern wireless network to stream video, join its buildings and connect parishioners, staff and preschool teachers across campus.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Other
- Solution: Cloud Communications, Unified Communications
Calhoun First UMC, serving a community north of Atlanta, Georgia, since 1852, was struggling with wireless connectivity for staff, preschool teachers and parishioners when Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Stellar Wireless LAN Access Points were introduced.
The new network delivers high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity between the two main buildings of the church, separated by a city street. The new wireless network creates cost savings as it removes the need for extra network maintenance, accommodates video streaming to the overflow area for large events on site, and connects employees and teachers better across the campus.
- Stellar APs deliver strong signals through concrete and steel for complete coverage
- Increased bandwidth throughout the church grounds
- Exposed Service Provider bandwidth issues
- New reliable wireless network keeps the network up, removes need for extra network maintenance cost with a secondary service provider
- Cost of APs met budget
User Experience Benefits
- Parishioners no longer complain about poor connectivity
- Staff finding better coverage and bandwidth
- Wi-Fi to enable on-site donation kiosks and video surveillance for site security
- Enabled the use of educational videos in pre-school classes