This case study describes how Rainbow enables health professionals to conduct mobility and better services for patients with telehealth services.
- Country: Spain
- Industry: Healthcare
- Solution: Cloud Communications
The Cantabrian Health Service is part of the Spanish National Health System serving Cantabria (Spain). The agency is responsible for the public provision of the health services, both healthcare and preventive and rehabilitation. It serves a population of more than 580,000 inhabitants in an area of 5,329 km2.
In preparation of the 2020 global health crisis, Cantabrian Health Services investigated how technology could help maintain patient care with a focus on remote telehealth. Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow™ was the solution.
- Communication as a service delivers comprehensive network administration
- Complies with data security requirements
- Scalable as needed
- IT team of Cantabrian Health System have immediate access to data via management systems to streamline dayto- day activities
- Reduces operational costs and maintenance
User Experience Benefits
- SCSalud app connects citizens and uses Rainbow to deliver live video consultation with doctor
- Patients use mobile phone with simple and intuitive interface
- The doctor sees the patient medical history, providing consistent care
- Both find the benefit in cutting unnecessary travel for appointments