Cockerill Maintenance & Ingenierie (CMI) centralized its global IT operations while upgrading infrastructure to support data-heavy tasks and tapping into evolutions in the Industrial Internet of Things.
- Country: Belgium
- Industry: Process Industries
- Solution: Autonomous Network
Business Partner: SHINKA IT SPRL
CMI is a mechanical engineering and services group based in Seraing, Belgium, operating in 19 markets from 50 sites worldwide. CMI designs and produces equipment for many industrial sectors, employing a 4600-strong workforce in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, New Caledonia, Russia and the United States. CMI operations are grouped into five main sectors: CMI Energy, CMI Defense, CMI Industry, CMI Environment, and CMI Services.
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6860 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- Mobile Campus
- Centralized management of CMI worldwide IT is done via the main company site in Belgium, allowing corporate devices to be configured centrally while minimizing the global IT support footprint.
- The solution was implemented at all 50 CMI sites with no disruption to business operations. OmniSwitch 6900 LAN switches offer the high performance and low latency needed to support CMI’s data-heavy requirements.
- The OmniSwitch 6900 delivers an increase in efficiency and performance at a lower cost than the old chassis.
- CMI’s new core can support future company growth and expansion of new Industrial IoT deployments, such as automation tools and connected devices in the production environment.
- Employees can connect to the main CMI network at all sites worldwide, bolstering mobility. Their devices are set up and configured for global use, with no geographical limitations.
- CMI users, including employees, external contractors and third-party users, benefit from highly secure and reliable core communications infrastructure.