Dallas International School
Dallas International School (DIS) is a pre-K through grade 12 private school with a bilingual academic program. DIS is a member of the Mission Laïque Française, a global organization that promotes French language education.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Connected Solutions and Devices
DIS has 700 students and about 150 faculty members across 2 campuses: Churchill (pre-K through grade 4) and Waterview (grades 5 through 12).
DIS wanted a solution from a company with name brand recognition like Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise. Availability of local support was also important. ICON Voice Networks, the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise master distributor, and Advance Integrated Networks, the local integrator, both have a presence in the area that enables DIS to quickly receive equipment and support.
- The telephony system in Waterview was no longer meeting DIS’ needs.
- Chronic issues, including handsets going offline without warning, resulted in unreliable service.
- Time-consuming manual reboots were required every month to keep the system operational.
- In addition, DIS wanted to increase safety by enabling students and staff to make emergency 911 calls without having to first dial 9 to get an external line.
- The school required a scalable solution to support the planned growth of the Waterview campus.
- The OmniPCX administration interface is intuitive and has greatly simplified management and maintenance.
- Adding new phones is as simple as plugging them into the network, an advantage for DIS as it continues to expand.
- The enhanced 911 feature enables DIS to geolocate emergency calls, allowing staff to respond in real time while simultaneously alerting local authorities.
- The OmniPCX has drastically reduced maintenance needs.
- Reboots are no longer necessary, allowing the IT team focus on other tasks.
- The solution can be extended to the Churchill campus, capitalizing on the infrastructure that has already been purchased.
User experience benefits:
- Students and staff are safer thanks to reliable in-classroom telephones and a direct external line to reach emergency services.
- Handsets also act as intercoms so announcements can be made with minimal class disruption.
Products & Solutions
- OmniPCX Office
- 8001 Deskphone
- Premium Deskphones
- Business Telephony
Dallas International School's Success Story
Dallas International School’s new communications network has improved campus safety by enabling staff and students to react effectively in case of emergency.