Elkhorn Public Schools
Unifying a school district with its community via advanced telephony features.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Connected Solutions and Devices
Elkhorn Public Schools, located on the edge of the Omaha Metro Area, continues to be the fastest growing school district in Nebraska. Enrollment has increased by over 6% each year and new facilities are continually being added to accommodate the growing student population. The District is home to 12 elementary schools, 5 middle schools and 3 high schools that welcome a total of 11,000 students.
“As the District moved to a VoIP system, we felt the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise system provided the most cost-effective solution. Our partnership with ALE has been excellent. We are still discovering all the things this system can provide to meet our needs as we continue to easily add new buildings to the system.”
- The community where Elkhorn Public Schools’ reside has seen ongoing growth for the past decade. Elkhorn has continued to invest in advanced technology to meet the needs of digital native students. What the districts’ IT staff discovered was with each expansion of a new school, it created a strain on both resources and its internal communication system.
- Maintenance was complex, and users in different buildings throughout the campus weren’t able to call each other directly. Each building was operating in its own silo. The District began replacing the 17 standalone systems with a centrally managed telephony solution. It also wanted to improve safety by equipping all classrooms with a phone.
- All buildings in district are connected to a centralized telephony system
- Simplified maintenance for the District’s sole technician
- With the hybrid telephony system, survivability is assured even in the event of a total IP network failure
- Monthly savings generated from streamlined system
User experience benefits:
- Staff members find efficiency to easily and quickly reach colleagues via dial by name functionality
- Phone in every classroom increases security, giving administrators, staff and parents peace of mind
- Users enjoy a uniform experience across all buildings, making it easier for them to make calls
Elkhorn Public Schools Case Study
Elkhorn Public Schools invest in ALE advanced technology to meet the needs of digital native students, while supporting expansion of a new schools.