Empower College implemented an enterprise-grade WiFi solution to enable a growing variety of learning devices and help students achieve their full potential.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Autonomous Network, WiFi Solutions
Empower College Prep is a public charter school in central Phoenix, Arizona, located in one of the state’s most densely populated areas. The school’s mission is to empower children from low income families to compete academically with students from any school in the country, and combine class lessons with students’ unique gifts and interests in solving real-world problems. Empower College Prep has elementary and high schools spanning grades 3-11. An expansion is underway to offer full K-12 in the coming years.
- Reliable and secure connectivity for growing list of IoT devices: wireless classroom projectors, wireless thermostats and student Chromebooks.
- Separating voice and data traffic keeps the network stable. Multiple secure virtual networks for students, staff and guests enables wireless bandwidth allocation.
- OmniVista 2500 centralizes and facilitates management and maintenance, and eases the IT team’s workload.
- Empower College Prep saved 50% on utilities thanks to centralized network-dependent thermostats.
- The solution supports the school’s planned growth and offers scalability to meet future requirements.
- Uninterrupted connectivity lets students make use of technology to learn, for example by accessing the online teaching platform with connected laptops.
- High user density areas have seen significant performance improvement for greater user satisfaction.
- Teachers have the infrastructure needed to carry out their mission: preparing students for the challenge and academic rigor of higher education.