Parsons District Schools network has been extremely reliable and hasn’t experienced any outages since deployment.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Unified Communications, Mobile Campus
Parsons District Schools USD 503 is located in Southeast Kansas and has a diverse ethnic and economic Kindergarden through grade 12 (K-12) population of over 1300 students. There are three elementary grade level schools, one middle school and one high school in the district.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and Twotrees Technologies were committed to supporting the needs of students by stretching available funds as far as possible. A pre-deployment site visit was made to ensure implementation would proceed without issues.
Students and staff can rely on the new solutions to provide a dependable and secure online learning environment.
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System
- OmniAccess 4750
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- Mobile Campus
- Unified Communications
- The new solution provides sufficient wired and wireless capacity to meet the planned initiative, and unified management simplifies system maintenance and administration.
- The new 802.11n network meets the enhanced mobility, and high bandwidth applications on all devices.
- The solution was deployed in stages to capture funding over two fiscal years, deployment flexibility allowed students to benefit from the enhanced technology sooner than would otherwise have been possible.
- Students and staff can rely on safe and secure internet access experience without impeding learning.
- Guests benefit from easy access to filtered Internet services.