The District was convinced that the solution, including the managed switches that would centralize switch maintenance and simplify management, would meet their needs.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education - Erate, Education
- Solution: Mobile Campus
The Paulding County School District is the 13th largest school district in the State of Georgia.
The K-12 District has 19 elementary schools, 9 middle schools and 5 high schools. Current enrollment is 28,500, and there are 3400 employees.
There are between 8000-10,000 wireless connections on the District’s network at any given time.
Furthermore, The District already had a relationship with, and trusted, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and Pinnacle NetworX LLC.
OmniSwitch 6450-10 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniAccess AP225
- Mobile Campus
- Dedicated Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6450-10 switches in each classroom offer reliable bandwidth silently and support e-learning facilities, while Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6450 switches in the hallway deliver quality wireless for BYOD devices.
- The Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 allows for simplified and unified management of the wired and wireless networks.
- Implementing managed switches in classrooms has reduced maintenance, local travel needs and costs.
- Upgrading the wireless network qualified the District for federal (e-Rate) and matching state funds.
- Students can securely connect their devices to the network, promoting anytime-anywhere digital learning.
- Educators have greater bandwidth to fuel their teaching and e-learning tools and devices.