POS TUNING: has facilitated communications and mobility at its Bad Salzuflen facility thanks to reliable WiFi powered by Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar access points.
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Services
- Solution: Mobile Campus
Business Partner: Nachrichtentechnik Bielefeld GmbH (NTB)
Founded in 1998, POS TUNING Udo Voßhenrich GmbH & Co. KG manufactures functional elements for higher visibility and efficiency in retail shelves and freezers. The company is innovating to become a provider of holistic innovative point of sale (POS) solutions. POS TUNING’s services are used by customers in 120 countries across five continents.
- POS TUNING now has complete coverage of its entire administration area. Soon, the three production halls and the warehouse, all located on the same site, will also be equipped with Stellar access points.
- OmniVista 2500 and ProActive Lifecycle Management (PALM) provide unified configuration and policy management for WAN and WLAN for centralized operations.
- The single web-based user interface has simplified IT operations and boosted efficiency.
- ProActive Lifecycle Management (PALM) helps the IT team track network health while reducing their administration and management burden, enabling them to focus on higher value tasks.
- The future-proof WLAN can be built on to meet future needs in a cost-effective manner.
- Staff and visitors connect to their separate SSID networks for greater performance and security.
- WiFi is available throughout the POS TUNING site, supporting mobility and facilitating communications onsite.