A modern LAN, area-wide WLAN, and smart network management connect guests and staff efficiently.
- Country: Switzerland
- Industry: Hospitality
Located in the canton of Glarus, Sportzentrum Kerenzerberg is one of the largest sports centers in Switzerland for amateur as well as professional sports. Every year, the center, which also includes a hotel, restaurant, and sports medicine facility, hosts the participants of 400 courses, requiring a total of 30,000 overnight stays. Recently, the center was expanded with the addition of a new building, in which a comprehensive building automation system ensures the intelligent connection of all technical components.
A. Lehmann Elektro AG, a long-standing Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise partner, was commissioned to handle the planning, implementation and operation of the network. Franco Bonutto of Soltris GmbH, coordinated the project.
Based on Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products, Lehmann Elektro implemented a high-availability network with redundant remote stacking of the switches to maximize reliability. A high-performance wireless LAN provides self-registration for guests. Wi-Fi calling and roaming ensure area-wide coverage throughout the building, even at places without a GSM signal.
The intelligent network management allows Lehmann Elektro to control and monitor the entire network remotely, so there is no need for Sportzentrum Kerenzerberg to provide IT staff.
- Stackable LAN switches, state-of-the-art WLAN access points, and central network management create a highly efficient network infrastructure.
- WLAN with self-registration ensures area-wide network access for employees and guests
- Wi-Fi calling and roaming enable cell phone calls at places with limited GSM coverage
- Remote stacking and redundant provisioning of switches increase network resilience
- The components implemented offer an attractive price-performance ratio and a high level of investment protection
- Cohesive network design simplifies numerous building technology functions, creating the basis for measurable cost savings
- IT cost is minimized
User Experience Benefits
- Employees and guests have mobile WLAN, with uninterrupted access everywhere in the building, including the basement
- The technical service can centrally monitor all building control data for ventilation, heating, among others, and detect possible malfunctions at an early stage