At a glance:
- 600 partners attended Connex18 edition
- ALE presented Vision 2020, the strategic plan focused on verticals, CPaaS and IoT-enabled networks
- Major partnership and innovations were announced
Connex18 annual event rallies ALE Partners with Vision 2020 Strategic Plan – enhancing customer focus, expanding IoT, AI, Cloud and innovation.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise concluded its annual Connex18 Partner events where over 600 Business Partners learned of the company’s new strategic partnerships, updates to its secure IoT, and its AI and hybrid cloud plans.
The event highlighted ALE’s 2020 Vision, which focuses on growth and innovation in specific customer industries – education, government, healthcare, hospitality, and transportation – where the power of the cloud helps businesses compete in a digital world. New solutions and partnerships in AI-enabled platforms, IoT and other disruptive technology provides industries more ways to communicate with customers.
ALE, using their Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow™ API Hub CPaaS platform, has teamed up with IBM on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cognitive Enterprise Communications. The relationship will help ALE customers offer an enriched digital customer experience with instant enterprise collaboration and cognitive communication including smart bots, advanced natural language interactions and facial or video pattern recognition. It also includes looking at data analytics to help personalize the patient experience in a hospital, or provide advisement to students, support smart city sensors or help in other city and civilian management.
ALE also introduced Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Cirrus, a new network-wide comprehensive cloud-based network management system designed to increase IT productivity and business agility. Cirrus creates a better user experience without the maintenance headaches, and provides ALE Business Partners a boost to deliver networking services. It is available initially as a freemium model with deeper capabilities available in the premium offer.
In addition, ALE introduced Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar LBS, a high-performing indoor Location Based Services solution, based on the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Wi-Fi technologies. Stellar LBS enables ALE Business Partners to consider providing new services such as wayfinding, geo-notifications and people tracking. It also includes analytics such as occupancy monitoring and activity tracking.
ALE also announced the Stellar spacewalkers community, a digital place to connect and share with experts and peers on ALE networking solutions, such as OmniAccess Stellar WLAN, OmniAccess Stellar LBS and OmniVista Cirrus.
Finally, ALE expands its communication portfolio with:
- Hybrid cloud communications via the Alcatel-Lucent WebRTC Gateway to further connect on-premises business communications with Rainbow UCaaS and CPaaS audio and video collaboration capabilities. In a few clicks, users gain instant live interactions between business phone users and employees or business contacts using Rainbow;
- SMB solutions addressing a growing need for digital transformation with new Alcatel-Lucent OXO Connect Evolution, designed to fit all the communication needs of a digital SMB in a small footprint, cloud-connected object. This offer addresses SMB businesses looking for strong all IP and cloud benefits, that deliver expert business communications on-premises.